Comm-Tech Voice & Data Ltd is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy. This policy aims to give you information on how we collect and process data through your use of the website. It explains when and why we collect personal information about people, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. By obtaining goods and services from us and visiting our website you are consenting and accepting to the practices described in this policy.
1.) What information do we collect about you?
Personal data, or personal information means; any information about an individual that can identify a person. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details. We will also keep a record of any financial transactions you make with us but we do not directly collect, process or store your credit or debit card information.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Contractual Data includes details of your Comm-Tech account in relation to your purchase and / or use of our services or those of our business partners / networks.
- Technical Data includes (IP) address, your login data, browser type / plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
2.) How we will collect your personal information?
We will collect and process data about you, when you:
- Place an order for our products and services online, by email or over the phone.
- Fill in forms on our website or communicating with us by phone, email, live chat or otherwise.
- Voluntarily complete customer surveys.
- Provide feedback.
- Subscribe to our newsletters and email notifications.
- We may also collect information from business partners such as communication networks, and credit reference agencies.
3.) How will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications .
- Send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested.
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We use the following cookies:
To analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generate statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google stores this information.
Comm-Tech uses social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram and LinkedIn so you can share items of interest.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all Cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
What about your Information?
Who has access to your information?
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any business partners or suppliers involved in the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations.
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to do so by law.
- Third party suppliers that we work with in connection with our business. We may have to share your personal data and employ the services of third party service providers to help us deliver telecommunications services, and to run email and marketing campaigns. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and only work with trusted providers who have robust privacy policies of their own. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How do we protect your information?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will we keep your data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or until a user requests that we delete it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Accessing and updating your details
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you so that you can ensure its accuracy. You can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org , by writing to us at Comm-Tech, Technology Centre, 40 Vulcan Road South, Norwich, Norfolk NR6 6AF, or by calling 01603 218600.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
Some of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access
- Request correction
- Request erasure
- Object to processing
- Request restriction of processing
- Request the transfer
- Withdraw consent at any time
of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note: however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can do this by emailing us at email@example.com, by writing to us at Comm-Tech, Technology Centre, 40 Vulcan Road South, Norwich, Norfolk NR6 6AF, or by calling 01603 218600.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you: We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond: We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Links to other websites: This privacy notice does not cover the links within the site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on each website you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice: We will review this notice from time to time. This privacy notice was last updated on 10th July 2018.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
(a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal data:
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by clicking on the update preferences link. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by clicking on the update preferences link. Alternatively you can email email@example.com.
Third party websites:
The website occasionally contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
The data controller responsible for our website is Comm-Tech Voice & Data Ltd.